IAR Embedded Workbench for Eclipse
- 2015-03-30: Support for MSP430 6.20.x is now
- 2015-03-30: Support for EWARM 7.40.x is now
available. This update includes support for C-RUN and C-STAT.
- 2015-03-02: The ARM 6.50.x branch is now inactive. It will be
kept for compatibility, but will receive fixes for critical bugs
- 2015-02-27: All Renesas-update sites now require Eclipse Juno
SR2 or later (4.2.1).
- 2014-12-08: Support for EWARM 7.30.x is now
available. This update includes support for IAR Information
Center and I-jet Trace.
- 2014-09-23: IAR Plugin
Manager is now available. The IAR Plugin Manager is a tool
which simplifies installation and configuration of IAR toolchain
plugins. It can be installed into any Eclipse (version 3.7.2 or
later), and will automatically download and install necessary
IAR toolchain plugins.
- 2014-09-23: Support for EWRH850 1.10 is now
- 2014-07-08: Eclipse Luna is now fully supported.
Installation using the IAR Plugin Manager
To install IAR Embedded Workbench for Eclipse, start by installing
the IAR Embedded Workbench plugin
manager. After restarting, select
Help → IAR Embedded Workbench plugin manager and select
your target and IAR Embedded Workbench installation. The plugin
manager will automatically select what features to install and which
update sites to use (including any required third-party update
Installation using the standard Eclipse update manager
IAR plugins can also be installed through the standard Eclipse
installation wizard, but this requires that you know which update
sites to use, and if there are any necessary third-party update
sites which need to be present. Select Help → Install New
Software and use the appropriate update site below.
- Eclipse. Download
Eclipse. We recommend using the latest available Eclipse
- IAR Embedded Workbench (the IAR Eclipse plugins do not include the compiler or debugger itself).
- Java Runtime Environment, version 7 or later. Download Java.
For more information about IAR Embedded Workbench for Eclipse,